Total Pageviews

In an effort to internationalise the game, a group of nutcases periodically revise the allowed vocabulary. Scrabble vocabulary developed into a bizarre jargon claimed to cover words from other languages. If you only play with friends, use any dictionary without the word "Scrabble" on its cover. This blog is primarily concerned with competitive Scrabble and the incompetence of some of its custodians..

Friday, November 8, 2013

In the Interim


I apologise for not providing more entertainment for sometime. I hoped to be able to write the finale in the form of a court order to the jokers of ASPA(Vic) committee, but it looks like this will require some more time.

One reason is that my former barrister was a lazy old withered brilliant lawman. To him time was irrelevant. It took him more than a year to produce a letter of demand. He could have taken a couple more years to file the court case. So, I decided to give him the flick, in favour of a Catholic young barrister, with no suspicion of any conflict of interest, since Catholics are definitely not the chosen ones.

Another interesting development is that a reputable national current affairs “Monthly” has shown interest in the incompetence of Carol et al. I will see what I can do for them, without bringing Victorian scrabble into much disrepute. Here is their email:

From: Michael Lucy michaell@themonthly.com.au
Subject: Scrabble case enquiry
1 Nov 2013

Dear Mr Hegazi,

My name is Michael Lucy, of the Monthly magazine. We are a national current affairs magazine.

I am interested in writing an article on your ongoing dispute with the Australian Scrabble Players Association (Victoria). The story as I have read about it on your blog is fascinating, and I believe it deserves a wider audience.

Would you have time to discuss the story at any point in the next week or so?

Kind regards,
--
Michael Lucy
Deputy Editor
The Monthly
37-39 Langridge Street
Collingwood
Victoria 3066
Australia

No comments: