Total Pageviews

In an effort to internationalise the game, a group of nutcases periodically revise the allowed vocabulary. Scrabble vocabulary developed into a bizarre jargon claimed to cover words from other languages. If you only play with friends, use any dictionary without the word "Scrabble" on its cover. This blog is primarily concerned with competitive Scrabble and the incompetence of some of its custodians..

Friday, October 3, 2014

COURT CASE PROGRESS REPORT 2

On 10 Sept 2014, we had a pre-hearing mark 1. ASPA(Vic) agreed to repeal their 2008 flawed decision if each party would pay their legal cost. I agreed for the sake of ending the saga, and to preserve funds.

On 02 Oct 2014 we had a pre-hearing mark 2, where I wanted to include a clause to the effect that I am not a cheat. ASPA(Vic) delegates disagreed. Thus, the Registrar issued an order that a hearing would be conducted on 5 January 2015. This means that every party would hire a barrister. The losing party would be up for much extra cost.

Well, it turns out that it has become more of a personal vendetta with each party representing themselves. I stand for myself using my own funds for litigation, while Marjorie Miller and Carol Johnsen stand for themselves using ASPA(Vic) funds for litigation. I know that I never cheated. The two ladies would love to continue to tarnish my name by not admitting that I never cheated. They are the least suited to represent ASPA(Vic) in this matter, because they are directly or indirectly involved in making false unsubstantiated cheating allegations against me. But this is a matter for the membership of ASPA(Vic) to decide.

The one question that baffles me is: Does Marjorie Miller, and her few friends, own ASPA(Vic)? If so, why register it as an incorporated association? Why not register it as ASPA of Marjorie Miller and Co Pty Ltd?

Anyway, if the losers do not settle outside court on 05/01/2015, still incurring the extra cost of hiring barristers for the day, I would give you another report after the hearing. I have a fair idea what such report would be like, since I believe that I am standing on very solid legal ground. But let’s wait and see.

Of course there are other possibilities, should a new or a refurbished committee of 10 wise members replace the present 6, mostly incompetent incumbents, next November. But it is up to ASPA(Vic) membership to contemplate the fate of their Association. And in all honesty, it is becoming less and less of much concern to me. If people elect to be blind, they can enjoy the darkness.

No comments: