Total Pageviews

In an effort to internationalise the game, a group of nutcases periodically revise the allowed vocabulary. Scrabble vocabulary developed into a bizarre jargon claimed to cover words from other languages. If you only play with friends, use any dictionary without the word "Scrabble" on its cover. This blog is primarily concerned with competitive Scrabble and the incompetence of some of its custodians..

Sunday, January 11, 2015

AMAZING MEDIA ATTENTION




It never occurred to me that taking a couple of rascals to court, over a simple matter, would cause such carefully orchestrated media attention.

In the video clip above, the clever reporter of channel 9 did her best to cover the matter in a manner that would be, not only sensational enough to please her bosses, but also balanced enough to allow the viewers to make their own conclusions.

If you are a professional scrabble player you would easily see the absurdity of the claims put forward, to the media, by the two obfuscating representatives of the coven of "?itches". The two incompetents are permanent members on the committee of ASPA(Vic). A glaring example of their incompetence is their desperate endeavour to maintain the bad joke of hiding a tile, which was the brainchild of a sick person, encouraged by another sickening person(s?) on the committee of this miserable association. The rules of the game are explicit. You have to report such contrived incident contemporaneously to the TD. The TD himself (Geoff Wright) said he was watching this particular game together with the half-wit who invented the story. The details are explained clearly in a separate post, but the incompetent culprits would still obfuscate. Read the post of 2012 under the heading The Scrabble Hermit opens up.

Now that I have vented my six-year-old anger, I can only reiterate what scrabble players often say after a narrow win: “A win is a win”.
_____
Quiz:
(1) Who is the "half-wit" to whom reference is made in the above clip? (Clue: Not a member on the present committee).
(2) Who exploited the "half-wit"? (Clue: Two (3 ?) members on the present committee).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank you most heartily for such an informative and well scriptured verse. I have a very debilitating affliction I was born with called Gnosiophobia. Whenever my local pharmacist runs out of any of my many necessary medications, or I forget to take any of them, which is quite often, resulting in my naturally unstable mind going into a more seriously higher crazed state which drives me to write equally like your the most informative and well scriptured verses as you have so kindly indulged us with.

I admire your work, and thank you so much for relieving me of the burdon of feeling so lonely and isolated within myself by sharing your everso calming thoughts.

Eternally grateful to you,

Argets Tuft.

Mohammed A. Hegazi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohammed A. Hegazi said...

Dear Mr X,
I used my careful sense of deduction to figure out your identity. It is not hard for a maths teacher to add up two and two. I am flattered that you liked my modest writing.

Your health condition would improve with time. The first factor for curing it, is the fact that you are aware of it.

Try tapering off your medication over a long period of time and hopefully you might one day do without it.

My thoughts and best wishes for you.