Total Pageviews

In an effort to internationalise the game, a group of nutcases periodically revise the allowed vocabulary. Scrabble vocabulary developed into a bizarre jargon claimed to cover words from other languages. If you only play with friends, use any dictionary without the word "Scrabble" on its cover. This blog is primarily concerned with competitive Scrabble and the incompetence of some of its custodians..

Thursday, January 8, 2015

MORE EMAILS


From: john safran john@johnsafran.com  07/01/2015

Dear Mr. Hegazi,
I write for Good Weekend, a magazine supplement to The Age and Sydney Morning Herald. I am also a keen Scrabble player. Would I be able to interview you about your Scrabble court battle, and your life more generally, while we play a game of Scrabble? I look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

John Safran

 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Mohammed A. Hegazi mohammedhegazi@gmail.com 07/01/2015

Dear John,

Thank you for your kind offer of an interview. To be perfectly frank, the entire episode has already suffered enough distortion by the media to the extent that I have decided to put the whole affair behind me. Therefore, I am going to respectfully decline your offer.

All the best,

Mohammed

No comments: